For the Pumpkin Layer
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the Cream Cheese Layer
- 6-oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste, optional*
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- First, make the pumpkin layer. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy– about 1 minute.
- Next add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and mix just until no large lumps of flour remain. You don’t want to overmix!
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan and set the rest aside.
- Next, make the cream cheese layer. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, maple syrup, flour, and vanilla bean paste.
- Top the first pumpkin layer with the cream cheese mixture. Then, pour the remaining pumpkin batter on top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 350ºF for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- Slice and enjoy. Store any leftover bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Tips & Notes
- Vanilla bean paste: option to swap the vanilla bean paste for 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 386 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 260 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 39 Fiber: 1 Protein: 10 Cholesterol: 248
Category: DessertMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cream cheese bread