- 1 round sourdough or Italian loaf, un-sliced
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or italian blend shredded cheese)
- ½ cup marinara sauce for dipping
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF, and cover a baking sheet with tin foil. Make sure to use enough tin foil to be able to wrap your loaf completely.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder and italian seasoning.
- Slice loaf diagonally in both directions into 1-inch sections, creating diamond shapes. Make sure to not cut all the way through the bread, rather leave the bottom crust of the bread unsliced.
- Place loaf in the middle of the tin foil covered baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush butter mixture over the loaf, making sure to brush butter in between slices.
- Stuff shredded cheese in-between each of the slices, making sure to to get cheese in between each slice. Repeat with pepperoni.
- Fold the sides of the tinfoil in towards the sourdough loaf, sealing it shut. Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap tin foil from top of loaf and bake uncovered for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the bread crust is crisp and cheese is completely melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before tearing pieces off loaf and dipping into warm marinara sauce. Enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 414 Sugar: 2 Fat: 23 Carbohydrates: 40 Fiber: 4 Protein: 16
Category: DinnerMethod: OvenCuisine: Italian
Keywords: pull apart bread