- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 15-oz. whole milk ricotta, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and cream the two ingredients together on low speed with an electric hand mixer or standing mixer (about 2-3 minutes).
- Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then add the ricotta cheese to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed for 3-4 minutes or until the three ingredients are combined (it’s ok if there are a few lumps in the mixture).
- Next, add almond extract and lemon zest to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Add one egg at a time to the mixing bowl and mix on low until the eggs are just combined into the cake batter (don’t over mix!).
- Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then slowly add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix until the flour is mixed into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased spring form pan and shake the pan back and forth to even the batter out in the pan. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake the cake for 40-42 minutes or until the cake is bouncy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool for 10 minutes and then remove the spring form pan carefully.
- Dust the top of the cake with the powdered sugar by sifting the sugar onto the top of the cake.
- Place raspberries on the top of the cake and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 365 Sugar: 24 Sodium: 206 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 40 Fiber: 1 Protein: 10 Cholesterol: 110
Category: DessertsMethod: OvenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Vegetarian
Keywords: lemon ricotta cake