- 14 uncooked lasagna noodles (cook 2 extra just in case!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 4 cups fresh kale, packed
- 1.5 cups whole milk ricotta cheese (12-oz.)
- 1.5 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24-oz. marinara sauce (~3 cups)
- First, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles.
- Cook the lasagna noodles until they have a bit more of a bite than al dente. They are going to continue to cook in the oven.
- Strain the water from the noodles and rinse the noodles with cold water.
- Lay the noodles out flat on a baking sheet or on top of parchment paper and drizzle the noodles with oil. Set the noodles aside for later.
- Next, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive is fragrant, add the onion and sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic.
- When the garlic is fragrant, add the sun dried tomatoes, and kale to the pan sauté everything together over medium heat until the kale is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Next, add the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh thyme, garlic powder, and salt to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the kale mixture to the cheese mixture and fold the kale into the cheese mixture until everything is combined.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- While the oven is preheating, assemble the lasagna roll ups.
- Pour 1.5 cups of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish and spread the sauce out on the bottom of the dish.
- Next, spread 2 tablespoons of the cheese and kale mixture across the length of the whole lasagna noodle and then slowly roll the lasagna into a lasagna roll up.
- Place the roll up in the casserole dish on top of the marinara sauce. Repeat step 13 until you have 12 lasagna roll ups lined up in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Pour another 1.5 cups of marinara sauce over the lasagna roll ups.
- Place the lasagna roll ups in the oven and bake the lasagna rolls at 350ºF for 25 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella on top and bake again for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the lasagna roll ups sit for 5 minutes and then enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 337 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 392 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 30 Fiber: 4 Protein: 17 Cholesterol: 39
Keywords: kale lasagna roll ups