- 1 box Kraft macaroni and cheese (or any box mac and cheese)
- 2–3 tablespoons pasta water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and stir.
- Cook the noodles until they are al dente. Before straining noodles from the pot, remove about ¼ cup of the pasta water from the pot and set aside.
- Strain water from the noodles.
- Place the pot back on the stove top and turn heat to medium/low.
- Add butter to the pan. When the butter is melted, add the Greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons of pasta water, hot sauce, and pepper to the pot and stir until combined.
- Add the cheese powder packet to the Greek yogurt mixture and stir until there are no cheese powder clumps. If the clumps do not dissolve add 1 more tablespoon of pasta water to the pot.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles to the pot and stir until all the noodles are covered by the cheese sauce. If the cheese sauce is too thick add a teaspoon of pasta water to the pot at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
Serving Size: 1/3
Category: DinnerMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American