- 8-oz. hard cheese (any kind), cold
Cheese Grater + Zester
- Place a cheese grater or zester on a cutting board.
- Carefully put pressure on a box grater or set the side of a cheese grater or zester firmly on the cutting board.
- Take the block of cheese and push firmly against the grain of the cheese grater to shred cheese.
- Shred as much cheese as needed.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes or long rectangles.
- Prepare the food processor for use. Place the cheese shredding attachment on the food processor.
- Place the top on your food processor and open the food shoot where the cheese will go.
- Turn on the food processor and feed the cheese cubes or rectangles through the feed shoot.
- To make shreds with a knife, grab a cold cheese block and cut a thin slice of cheese from the block.
- Next, take that slice of cheese and finely slice it into thin matchsticks (like matchstick carrots).
- Repeat until you end up with as much shredded cheese as you need.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information uses extra sharp white cheddar.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 2 oz. Calories: 240 Sugar: 0 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 14
Keywords: how to shred cheese