- 1 8-oz. block feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Flakey sea salt, optional
- Honey, optional
- Preheat one side of your grill (or your broiler on High) to 375ºF– about medium-high heat.
- Drain the cheese and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Place the feta in a small oven-safe ramekin or cast iron skillet and drizzle over the olive oil and fresh thyme.
- Place the pan next to the heat (but not directly over the flame) and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is soft but not fully melted. If using the broiler, place it about 6 inches away from the heat source and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until it is golden brown on top— make sure to watch it so it doesn’t burn!
- Sprinkle over flakey sea salt and drizzle with honey, if using. Serve immediately.
- Store any leftover feta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 113 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 453 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 20
Category: AppetizerMethod: GrillCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: grilled feta