- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 thick slices of Italian bread (any white bread/sourdough works too)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 2 slices deli cheddar cheese
- First, butter the bread by spreading 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each side of both slices of bread.
- Next, place the cheddar cheese slices on top one slice of bread and then place the second piece of bread on top of the cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Next, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add the grilled cheese to the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Flip the grilled cheese and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes. The cheddar cheese should be completely melted before removing the grilled cheese from the pan.*
- Remove from the pan, cut in half and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*Temperature may vary based on stovetop. If the grilled cheese is browning too quickly, try turning the heat to low.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 410 Sugar: 2 Fat: 33 Carbohydrates: 14 Fiber: 1 Protein: 12
Keywords: grilled cheese