Greek Orzo Salad
- 1 cup orzo, uncooked
- 3 cups English cucumbers, thinly sliced into half-moons (normal cucumber works too!)
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 8-oz. block feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint, lightly packed
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Begin by placing cucumbers and cherry tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkling them with salt. Mix well and let them sit for at least 15 minutes to draw out excess liquid. Set aside.
- Next, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the orzo until it is al dente.
- Strain the orzo, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- While the cucumbers and tomatoes are soaking, add the red onion, red pepper, olives, feta, fresh mint, and fresh parsley in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Pour the cucumbers and tomatoes into a sieve and discard the excess liquid.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, and orzo to the bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients and gently mix all of the ingredients together.
- Finally, add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk them together.
- Pour the dressing over the orzo salad and mix until all of the ingredients are covered in dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 400 Sugar: 3 Fat: 25 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 2 Protein: 10
Category: SaladMethod: Stove-TopCuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek orzo salad