- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. gluten free noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the uncooked g/f noodles and salt to the water and stir.
- Let pasta cook until al dente. Strain noodles and set aside.*
- Next, prepare a roux by heating a large pot or dutch oven over medium/high heat. Add butter.
- When the butter is melted add flour and whisk until the butter and flour form a paste.
- Slowly add milk to the pot, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk the roux over medium/high heat for about 4-6 minutes or until the roux thickens.
- When the roux is thick, remove from heat and add the cheddar cheese. Whisk until the cheese has melted.
- Add granulated garlic, salt, and pepper to the cheese sauce. Mix well.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles to the cheese sauce and mix until the noodles are covered in cheese sauce.
- Enjoy immediately.
Tips & Notes
*Gluten free noodles vary by cook time so be sure you read the box for any tips and tricks that are specific to the brand of noodle you are using.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 429 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 458 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 10 Fiber: 0 Protein: 12 Cholesterol: 54
Keywords: Gluten Free Mac and Cheese