- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch “nuggets”
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil (if you’re pan-frying)
- Crack 2 large eggs into a medium bowl and lightly whisk, set aside.
- Add Italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, ground pepper, and garlic powder to a medium bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare chicken nuggets by slicing your chicken breast into 1-inch chunks. Then, dip each nugget into the egg wash, completely coating each piece of chicken. Then, dip the nuggets into the bread crumb mixture, coating each side. It’s easiest if you do this one at a time to make sure that the chicken gets fully coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add chicken nuggets to the pan. Fry on each side for 3-4 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes to make sure they don’t burn. You’ll likely fry your chicken nugget in batches, so you may need to add more olive oil.
- Cook until the chicken nuggets are golden brown on the outside and until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Then, place a wire rack on top of your baking sheet and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer each nugget onto the wire rack, spacing them out so they do not touch.
- Generously spray the tops of the chicken nuggets with nonstick cooking spray and then place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake at 400ºF for around 15 minutes. Then, for optimal crunchiness, broil on high for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. The internal temperature of the chicken breast should be at least 165ºF.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 282 Sugar: 0 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 0 Protein: 35
Keywords: parmesan chicken nuggets