- 4-oz. full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1-lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese (+ more for topping)
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chives, finely minced (+more for topping)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the softened cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to cream the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the rest of the sausage ball ingredients (except for the flour) to the bowl and use the electric mixer to combine all the ingredients.
- Slowly add the flour to the sausage mixture until combined.
- Form little balls by scooping 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture and rolling the balls between your palms. Place sausage balls on the baking sheet and repeat.
- Place the sausage balls into the oven and bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes.
- While the sausage balls are baking, prepare the garlic sauce by placing all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Remove sausage balls from the oven and sprinkle each ball with shredded cheddar cheese and place the sausage balls back into the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chives, and serve with the garlic sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 315 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 551 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 1 Protein: 14 Cholesterol: 50
Keywords: cream cheese sausage balls