- 4 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- Place powdered sugar and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixing bowl, add the cold cream cheese and whip with the paddle on medium-low until smooth. Scrape down the bowl and add the room temperature butter.
- Add butter and mix on medium for 2-3 minutes or until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar in 1/2 cup at a time and mix on low until all of it is added. Scrape down the bowl and then add the salt and vanilla.
- Turn the speed up to medium-high and whip for 1 minute until very light, fluffy, and almost white.
- Remove from the bowl and split into separate bowls. Add a bit of food color to each bowl for desired colors.
- Frost the cookies with the icing and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- This cream cheese frosting recipe is enough for around 20 medium sugar cookies.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/20 Calories: 134 Sugar: 10 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 20 Fiber: 0 Protein: 0
Keywords: cream cheese frosting for cookies