- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1 heaping cup mashed)
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup 1% milk (any milk works)
- Begin by spraying a standard loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Next, add brown sugar and butter to a stand mixer and cream them together on low/medium.
- Once creamed, add one egg at a time and beat on low/medium until they are combined into the butter and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash 3 bananas. Then add banana, cream cheese, and vanilla to the stand mixer. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined.
- Finally, add the milk to the batter and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the banana bread batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, add a tin foil tent to the top of the banana bread to prevent the top from browning too quickly and continue baking for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a cooling rack.
- Let banana bread cool completely before slicing and serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 340 Sugar: 6 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 40 Fiber: 2 Protein: 6
Keywords: cream cheese banana bread