- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 15-oz. whole milk ricotta, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and cream the two ingredients together on low speed with an electric hand mixer (or standing mixer). This should take around 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then add the ricotta cheese to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed for a few minutes or until the three ingredients are combined (it’s ok if there are a few lumps in the mixture).
- Next, add the vanilla extract to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Add one egg at a time to the mixing bowl and mix on low until the eggs are just combined into the batter (don’t over mix!).
- Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula and then slowly add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix until the flour is mixed into the batter. Last, fold the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Fill the muffin liners ¾ of the way full and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of each muffin. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until the middle of the muffins are bouncy to the touch.
- Remove and let the muffins cool for 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/16 Calories: 250 Sugar: 18 Sodium: 96 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 1 Protein: 5 Cholesterol: 63
Keywords: chocolate chip ricotta muffins