- 1.5-lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 chicken breasts)
- ½ cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt, separated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 slices deli Swiss cheese
- 12 slices of deli-cut ham
- 2 cups corn flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Swiss Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1.5 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Start by making the Greek yogurt sauce for the chicken. Add the Greek yogurt, dijon mustard, ⅛ teaspoon salt and lemon juice into a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Prepare the chicken. Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise in half to create 6 cutlets.
- Then, place the chicken cutlets on a cutting board and cover them with plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken to a ½-inch thickness.
- Place the pounded chicken breasts into the Greek yogurt sauce. Flip the chicken around in the bowl until each cutlet is covered in Greek yogurt sauce. Place the chicken into the fridge and let it marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the corn flake crust. Place the corn flakes, paprika, granulated garlic, and salt into a food processor and pulse until a coarse crumb forms.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and pour the corn flake crumbs into the skillet. Toast the corn flake crumbs until they are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Be sure to stir the corn flake crumbs periodically to avoid burning.
- Pour the corn flake crumbs onto a plate and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Assemble the chicken cordon bleu. Remove one cutlet from the Greek yogurt sauce and set it on a plate. Lay down 2 slices of swiss cheese on the chicken and then 2 slices of ham. Carefully roll the chicken cutlet, swiss cheese, and ham together and tie the chicken together with a piece of baker’s twine to secure the innards. Roll the chicken in the cornflakes so that the whole chicken is covered. Place on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken cutlets.
- Bake the chicken in the oven at 400ºF for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Meanwhile, make the swiss cheese sauce. Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and heat over medium/low heat whisking periodically to avoid burning.
- Add the mustard, salt, and pepper to the cream and stir.
- Slowly add the shredded swiss cheese to the warm cream until it melts and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- When the chicken is done, remove the twine and then place the chicken on a plate and drizzle each chicken with the swiss cheese sauce. There will be leftover sauce. Feel free to serve chicken with more sauce for dipping.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 525 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 1202 Fat: 33 Carbohydrates: 13 Fiber: 0 Protein: 49 Cholesterol: 170
Category: Lunch and DinnerMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: chicken cordon bleu