- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- ¾ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- When the olive oil is fragrant add a tortilla to the pan and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the tortilla. Top the shredded cheese with the second tortilla.
- Let the bottom tortilla crisp up until golden brown (3-4 minutes) and then carefully flip the quesadilla over with a spatula. Repeat until the second tortilla becomes crispy and golden brown and remove from heat.
- Cut the quesadilla into fourths and top the quesadilla with your favorite toppings.
Tips & Notes
- Other shredded cheeses that work well for cheese quesadillas include mozzarella, Colby Jack, and Mexican-blend cheddar.
- Nutrition information does not include toppings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 760 Sugar: 2 Fat: 49 Carbohydrates: 51 Fiber: 2 Protein: 31
Keywords: cheese quesadilla, how to make a cheese quesadilla