- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, separated
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk the eggs together until combined.
- Add a pinch of salt to the eggs and whisk again. Set aside.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ½ tablespoon butter.
- When the butter has melted be sure it is spread evenly across the pan. Pour the eggs into the pan.
- Do not mix the eggs in the pan and allow a curd to form for 10-15 seconds. Then using a spatula, carefully lift the edge of the omelette and push the large curds that begin to form towards the middle of the pan, allowing the raw egg to take its place and cook.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelette.
- Once the egg is mostly cooked and the cheese is melted (if you like your eggs more wet, flip the omelette sooner) take a spatula and flip half of the omelette over itself. Allow the omelette to cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan and run it along the spine of the omelette.
- Carefully shake the pan to loosen the omelette from the pan and tip the pan and allow the omelette to slip off onto a plate.
- Top with optional garnish and enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 269 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 328 Fat: 23 Carbohydrates: 1 Fiber: 0 Protein: 14 Cholesterol: 408
Category: BreakfastMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American
Keywords: cheese omelette