- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16-oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 cups yellow shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pretzel sticks for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Slice off the end of a head of garlic (the opposite end of the root) so that the head stays intact.
- Place the garlic head on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle it with olive oil. Wrap the garlic with tin foil and place the garlic in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oven. Set aside.
- Next, add the softened cream cheese to a food processor and process until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from the garlic paper into the food processor. The garlic should easily squeeze out into the food processor.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and cracked pepper to the food processor and process the ingredients together on low until all the ingredients are combined.
- Once the ingredients are combined, scrape the sides of the food processor and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Place the cream cheese mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes until it firms up.
- Meanwhile, prepare the candied pecans. Chop the pecans up into small pieces (almost chopped into crumbs) and place them in a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the pecans and add the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Toast the pecans for 4-5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Remove the pecans from the heat and spread them out on a plate.
- When the cream cheese is ready, remove it from the fridge.
- Use a ½ tablespoon scoop to scoop out the cream cheese mixture and roll the cream cheese into a ball. Roll the ball in the pecan crumbs and place the cream cheese ball rolled in pecans on a plate. Repeat this process until the cream cheese mixture is gone.
- Carefully place a pretzel stick into the center of each cream cheese ball and serve.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/16 Calories: 217 Sugar: 10 Sodium: 309 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 1 Protein: 6 Cholesterol: 45
Category: AppetizersMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American
Keywords: cheese ball bites