- 4 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 16-oz. Mozzarella cheese log, sliced into rounds
- 18–20 medium/large fresh basil leaves
- 2.5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Optional 2-4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Begin by plating the caprese salad. Layer the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves on a plate or platter alternating between the three ingredients.
- Once all of the ingredients are layered, drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil over the ingredients.
- Season the caprese salad with salt and pepper.
- Finally, sprinkle toasted pine nuts over the whole salad.
- Serve alone or with a warm baguette and enjoy!