- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 large celery stick, chopped into small half-moons
- 1 jalapeño, sliced and de-seeded
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 oz. full-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Franks hot sauce, or any buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of thick tortilla chips
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles
- First prepare the quick pickled vegetables. Place the vinegar, water, and sugar into a mason jar. Cover the jar and shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the carrots, celery, and jalepeñpos into the jar, cover, and shake one last time. Place into the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- While the chicken is baking, place the cream cheese, yogurt, hot sauce, and honey into a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or a wooden spoon until everything is creamed together. Set aside.
- Once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165ºF, remove from the oven. Use two forks to shred the chicken apart. Then, add the shredded chicken into the cream cheese mixture and mix until all the chicken is covered in sauce.
- Finally, assemble the nachos by placing the chips onto the bottom of a baking sheet. Then, sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese. Spread the buffalo chicken on top of the cheese and sprinkle the nachos with diced red bell pepper.
- Bake nachos at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and top with pickled jalapeños, carrots, and celery.
- Finally, sprinkle on blue cheese crumbles and serve!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 456 Sugar: 6 Fat: 23 Carbohydrates: 42 Fiber: 4 Protein: 20
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Nachos