- 8 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
- 1 large (red) potato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Next, add the broccoli, onion, garlic, and potato to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the vegetables with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and toss vegetables until they are coated in oil and spice.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes (or until potatoes are soft), tossing the vegetables half way through.
- While the vegetables are roasting, bring the chicken broth to a boil and then remove from heat and slowly whisk in the milk.
- When the vegetables are soft remove them from the oven and remove 2 cups of vegetables from the pan and set them aside for later. These vegetables will be added to the soup right before serving for more of a chunky broccoli soup.
- Next, carefully squeeze the garlic cloves from the head of garlic into the blender (being sure discard the paper from the head of garlic) the paper on the outside of the .
- Add the rest of the vegetables to the blender along with the cheese and hot broth.
- Blend on high until all ingredients are combined and the soup is smooth.
- Finally, add in the last two cups of vegetables to the pureed soup, mix, and enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 413 Sugar: 4 Fat: 28 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 3 Protein: 22
Keywords: broccoli and cheese soup