- 16-oz. noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 8-oz. brie wheel, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 1.5 teaspoons salt, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Stir the pasta right away so it doesn’t stick together.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Remove 1/2 cup of pasta water from the pot and set aside for later. Strain and set aside.
- Next, add the butter to a large sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the butter and sauté the garlic until it browns.
- Then, add the flour to the butter mixture and whisk the ingredients together until a paste is formed.
- Slowly pour the milk into the pan whisking consistently until the milk thickens (3-4 minutes).
- Turn the heat to low and then add the brie cheese to the milk mixture and stir until the brie cheese is melted and the sauce is thick.
- Add the rest of the salt, pepper, and fresh thyme to the cheese sauce and mix.
- Finally, pour the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce and fold the pasta into the sauce.
- If a thinner sauce is desired add a tablespoon or two of pasta water to the pasta.
- Serve with fresh thyme and enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 391 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 586 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 48 Fiber: 3 Protein: 14 Cholesterol: 36
Category: PastaMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American
Keywords: Brie Mac and Cheese