- 1 block velveeta
- 1 pint cherry tomato
- 6 green onions, separated
- 4 hot dogs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8-oz. macaroni noodles
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, green onions, and hot dogs into a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over all the ingredients and then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together until all the ingredients are coated in oil.
- Next, create a well in the center of the casserole dish and add the block of Velveeta. Bake the casserole dish at 400ºF for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook the pasta until it is cooked to al dente.
- Before pouring the pasta into a strainer remove 1 cup of pasta water from the pot and set aside. Strain pasta and set aside.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and mash the tomatoes and Velveeta with a fork. Stir everything together to create a creamy cheesy pasta sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup pasta water, peas, monterey jack cheese, and heavy cream to the casserole dish and mix everything together until the monterey jack cheese melts. Add the cooked macaroni noodles to the casserole dish and mix.*
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
*If you would like a thinner cheese sauce add 1 tablespoon of the remaining pasta water at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 331 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 949 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 2 Protein: 15 Cholesterol: 55
Keywords: Baked Velveeta Mac and Cheese