- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 6 green onions, white part separated from the green and cut into slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4-oz. goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 10-oz. fresh spinach
- 8–0z. dried pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Pour 2 pints of cherry tomatoes into a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cherry tomatoes and toss until all the tomatoes are coated in oil.
- Add the red wine, garlic, and white part of the green onion into the baking dish and toss.
- Next, place a block of goat cheese into the middle of the casserole dish.
- Bake the goat cheese dish at 400ºF for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook the pasta until it is cooked to al dente.
- Before pouring the pasta into a strainer remove 1 cup of pasta water from the pot and set aside.
- Strain pasta and set aside.
- Remove the goat cheese bake from the oven and smash the goat cheese with a fork or spatula.
- Smash the remaining tomatoes and stir the goat cheese and tomatoes together until it forms a creamy pasta.
- Add 10-oz. of spinach to the casserole dish and then pour 1/2 cup of pasta water to the dish and toss.
- Cover the casserole dish for 5 minutes so that the spinach wilts.
- Remove covered toss and then add the pasta to the casserole dish and mix until the pasta is coated in sauce.
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1/4
Category: PastaMethod: OvenCuisine: American