- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 medium white onion, minced
- 8-oz. block feta
- 8-oz. pasta (any kind)
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Pour 2 pints of cherry tomatoes into a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cherry tomatoes and toss until all the tomatoes are coated in oil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, garlic, and onion to the baking dish and toss.
- Next, create 2 wells in the baking dish by moving the tomatoes aside. Cut the block of feta in half diagonally and place them into the baking dish.
- Bake at 400ºF for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook the pasta until it is cooked to al dente.
- Before pouring the pasta into a strainer, remove 1 cup of pasta water from the pot and set it aside. Then, strain pasta and set it aside.
- Once the timer goes off, remove the dish from the oven and smash the feta and cooked tomatoes with a fork or spatula. Make sure that all of the tomatoes have burst. Then, add in 1/2 cup pasta water and stir everything together to create a creamy feta sauce.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta to the casserole dish and mix until the pasta is coated in sauce.
- Add basil, mint, and olives to the casserole dish and toss the baked feta pasta one last time.
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper and enjoy.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 561 Sugar: 8 Fat: 30 Carbohydrates: 53 Fiber: 4 Protein: 20
Keywords: baked feta pasta