- 8-oz. cream cheese, cold
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 8-oz. Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup starchy pasta water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 8-oz. uncooked spaghetti pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Pour cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions into a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Add olive oil, white wine, and lemon juice into the casserole dish and toss until the tomatoes are coated.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss again.
- Next, place a block of cream cheese into the middle of the casserole dish and bake the cream cheese dish at 400ºF for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook the pasta until it is cooked to al dente.
- Before pouring the pasta into a strainer remove 1 cup of starchy pasta water from the pot and set it aside.
- Strain pasta and set aside.
- Remove the cream cheese dish from the oven and use a fork or spoon to smash the cream cheese with a fork or spatula. Smash the tomatoes, making sure they have burst, and then stir the cream cheese, tomatoes, and mushrooms together until it forms a creamy pasta sauce.
- Add the lemon zest and fresh herbs to the casserole dish and then pour in around 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water to the sauce and mix.
- Add the cooked pasta to the casserole dish and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with fresh cracked black pepper and lemon zest.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 575 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 488 Fat: 34 Carbohydrates: 55 Fiber: 3 Protein: 14 Cholesterol: 57
Keywords: baked cream cheese pasta