- 2 slices Italian or sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon softened butter, divided
- 3 slices deli-sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2–3 teaspoons pasta or pizza sauce
- 9 slices pepperoni
- ⅛ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 280ºF.
- Place bread on a plate or parchment paper for easy cleanup. Butter one side of the bread and turn it over so the buttered side is down.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella cheese on top, then evenly spread 2-3 teaspoons sauce over cheese. Add sliced pepperoni, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with the remaining slice of cheese and slice of bread.
- Butter the top of the sandwich and place it in the preheated air fryer.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn the sandwich over and cook another 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and slice with a pizza cutter. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Make sure to place the sauce on top of the layer of cheese, not bread. This prevents the bread from getting soggy.
- Sandwich is best served immediately but can be reheated in the air fryer at a low temperature (250) degrees or in the toaster oven on a reheat setting.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 558 Sugar: 3 Fat: 45 Carbohydrates: 34 Fiber: 2 Protein: 28
Keywords: air fryer grilled cheese, pizza grilled cheese