- 2 medium-large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF for around 5 minutes.
- Slice potatoes into fries (about ½-inch thick) and place them into a large bowl filled with water.
- In a second bowl, pour in about half the oil. In a third medium-large bowl combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and oregano. Set aside.
- Working in batches, remove about ⅓ of fries from water and pat dry with a tea towel or paper towel. Place the fries in the bowl with oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.
- Then, transfer the fries in a single layer in the fryer basket, so that they are not touching.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Flip fries over and cook another 6-7 minutes.
- Remove fries from the fryer and place them into the bowl with parmesan cheese and spices. Toss to coat. Place fries on plate or parchment paper.
- Repeat until all fries are cooked and coated.
Tips & Notes
- Soaking the fries in water removes the extra starch and helps keep fries from sticking to each other.
- It is not necessary to grease the basket since the fries are already coated in oil.
- Air fryer used was 4 liters and fries were made in 3 batches.
- Fries are best served immediately but can be reheated at a low temperature in the air fryer.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 297 Sugar: 2 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 42 Fiber: 6 Protein: 9
Category: SideMethod: Air FryerCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: garlic parmesan fries