- 8-oz. cheese curds
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth.
- In another small bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a third bowl, add the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Working a few at a time, dip a cheese curd into the flour, followed by the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs. Then, dip the cheese curd back into the egg wash and back into the breadcrumbs again. Double-dipping will help keep the cheese sealed so it doesn’t explode in the air fryer.
- Place the breaded cheese curd on a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining cheese curds. Once all of the curds have been breaded, freeze them for 1 hour.
- Once the cheese curds have frozen, spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray and add as many cheese curds as will fit (you don’t want to overcrowd the basket). Spray the top of the curds with olive oil spray and bake at 400F for 6-7 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve warm, your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
- Store any leftover cheese curds in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 396 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 848 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 2 Protein: 20 Cholesterol: 153
Category: AppetizersMethod: Air FryerCuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer cheese curds